The Ghana School of Law was established in 1958, by Ghana’s first President Dr. Kwame Nkrumah and was the first of its kind in Sub-Saharan Africa. The school is the leading Law School in the Sub-region and serves students from other Commonwealth countries in the Sub-region.
To cater for the increasing number of applicants both from within the country and beyond, this new academic year, the School has added two campuses to the main campus namely the Kumasi campus based at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, KNUST and the Legon campus based at the University of Ghana, Legon Accra.
We are indeed proud of our numerous alumni who are serving in various capacities throughout the world and advancing the cause of justice.
The vision of Ghana School of Law is to become a center of excellence in Africa and the world at large for professional legal training and research.
The General Legal Council exists to ensure fair and efficient operation of legal education through improved human and institutional capacity. The council aim at securing the public interest, a legal profession with the highest standard in the practice of law in Ghana.